The influence of a habit is a powerful thing.
As we reach the halfway point for the year, we encounter the opportune time to reflect, evaluate, and make adjustments to our 2017 goals.
Channel your inner #Girlboss by adopting these 7 tried-and-true habits of successful women listed below:
- They rise early. Successful women aren’t hitting the snooze button at 10:00 a.m. Research has proven that early risers are more efficient planners, utilizing their morning quiet time for organization, goal setting, and planning out their day ahead.
- They overcome adversity. To a #GirlBoss, failure is not the opposite of success, but rather a part of success. Successful women do not let a bad outcome define their destiny or destroy their future. Instead, they allow it to redirect their path and strengthen their efforts.
- They make a plan, but own an eraser. Successful women develop action plans to meet their SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely) goals. It is important that you keep a reality check on your goals. Strive to routinely measure the progress through your action plan and re-evaluate if needed.
- They move it (literally). Successful women set aside time each day to incorporate exercise into their routine. Daily physical activity not only boosts your fitness and overall health, but also improves mood, increases energy, and helps create deeper sleep cycles. Keep this in mind on those days when you’d rather reach for those mini cupcakes your co-worker brought to work instead of hitting up the gym.
- They play well with others. Listen and respect others’ thoughts and opinions. Successful women understand it is okay to disagree with someone, but not okay to disrespect, degrade, or humiliate that person.
- They know life is a balancing act. Sadly, we can’t always have it all. A #GirlBoss takes the time to balance her life both personally and professionally. She understands that balance requires sacrifice – whether it’s sleep, walking away from a promotion, or choosing what to focus on.
- They eliminate toxic influences. Successful women do not allow toxic relationships to slow down or hinder their road to success. A #GirlBoss surrounds herself with people who bring out the best (not the stress) in her.