5 Things That Will Help You Go from Discouraged to Encouraged
We all go through moments of discouragement. Sometimes it’s a relationship that turned south, a setback in our finances, or we aren’t seeing the results we hoped to see with from our fitness or weight loss plan.
It’s normal to have the blues from time to time. Here are 5 things to bring us encouragement when we feel discouraged.
- Look at the effort, not the result. When starting out on something—diet, work project, relationship—focus on the effort put in and the steps accomplished in the right direction, rather than seeking an immediate outcome. Granted, it can cause some discouragement when we don’t see quick results, but most times, it’s going to take a consistent amount of effort before noticing anything. So, reward small achievements.
- Remain positive and optimistic. Sometimes it can be easy to let things fester and before you know it, you stay in your pajamas for two days. Not that there is anything wrong with having those moments, but when we zero in on what is good about a situation, rather than the not-so-good, we avoid going to that dark place in our minds. Avoid negative and spending a lot of time with pessimistic people. Have a support group of trusted people who can cheer you on and encourage you. Getting inspiration and motivation from at least one or two people is important.
- Think long-term rather than where you are now. We are not where we want to be, but where we are is just temporary. With hard work, dedication and perseverance, we are getting closer to our goals.
- Don’t compare where you are to where someone else is. Healthy comparison is fine if it motivates you, but many times it can become unhealthy. We get into a place of envy and jealousy. When reality is: everyone has something that they are not happy with or they have been in a place similar to where you are now. We just never know the backstory or the behind-the-scenes of others’ lives. So, it’s best to keep our eyes laser-focused on our life and goals and before we know, we will see some major accomplishments.
- Take time for you. When your stress level is high, remember to take time for you. There are many budget friendly ways you can pamper
Be encouraged. Be loved. <3