8 Fun Things to Do This Summer on a Budget
Summer is almost officially here, but you don’t need a bunch of cash to have fun. Here are 10 fun things to do this summer on a budget.
- Go for some time in the water. Visit a lake for swimming and relaxing at the sandy beaches or drop by the pool for a way to stay cool this summer.
- Plan an Urban Grab your bestie or a group together for an “amazing-race” type of scavenger hunt.
- Get out to the Dive-In movies. (ß Yeah, that’s not a typo!) Forest Park Pool has monthly outdoor movie showings all summer long. Take a dip while you watch!
- Soak up a summer concert or two. Every Friday in June, Sunset Sessions in the Grove brings local musicians from 6pm—8pm for your listening pleasure at no cost to you.
- Hit a bike trail. Take advantage of the 40-mile long bike trails of Trinity Trails, and enjoy some of nature’s finest offerings!
- Enjoy some cool treats. Whether you are a fan of Ice Cream, Frozen Custard or popsicles—cool off with a sweet treat.
- Visit the library. There are free exhibits throughout the summer to check out while taking a break from the heat.
- Have a picnic in the park. A picnic at the Airfield Falls Park and a walk along the Trinity Trails at the Airfield Falls is a great way to enjoy a fun summer day.
Have fun, be safe and enjoy! <3