9 Free Christmas Activities Around Fort Worth Texas this December
- Did you know that Grapevine is the Christmas Capital of Texas? It is! My family has enjoyed walking down Main St. and seeing all of the Christmas lights and decorations. There are different activities you can pay for, but just walking around and getting a cup of coffee would make a wonderful evening. You can find more information here. Also, the 37th annual Parade of Lights is happening on December 6th at 7pm!
- December 6th is also the date for the Grand Prairie Christmas Tree Lighting. The event is from 6pm – 8pm. You can go to the Facebook event here.
- The weather may not be great this weekend, but that’s okay for North Richland Hills! They are having their annual Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting & Family Festival on Fridays the 7th at 6pm. If the weather is bad they will be able to move most activities inside the NRH Centre. There will be live music, live reindeer, food trucks (bring cash for food), fireworks and much more! Click here for more information.
- Do you enjoy live theater? The Dorothy Shaw Bell Choir is presenting a free production of The Littlest Wiseman December 1st – 9th. You can reserve your tickets Be sure and show up early as any empty seats will be given to those waiting.
- Have you been to Old Town Burleson? It’s a cute little downtown just 20 minutes south of Fort Worth Downtown. On Saturday December 8th there will be free carriage rides in Old Town from 12 – 5pm. You can see their Facebook event here.
- Carols by Candlelight will be presented by Arlington Heights United Methodist Church on December 16th. This is a free family friendly event with nursery care available for children under 3 with a reservation. Come enjoy holiday favorites.
- Another musical event hosted by Arlington Heights United Methodist Church is their Advent Luncheon on Tuesday, December 18th at noon. Go here for more information.
- You probably have heard about the ICE exhibit by the Gaylord Texan. That is not a free event. However, did you know that walking around the lobby and grounds is free? And it’s absolutely beautiful! You can find more about the experience here. And…here’s a Groupon if you do want to splurge and get ICE tickets.
- The Modern Art Museum has a Christmas light display with free admission on Fridays! Find out more on their website.