WHAT TO KNOW.
As of August 25, 2022, abortion is banned in Texas.
The law prohibiting abortion in Texas:
- Includes medical emergency exceptions (life & major bodily function)
- Applies to those providing an abortion; women seeking an abortion will not be prosecuted
- Does not stop women from traveling outside of Texas for abortion
- Does not ban:
- In-Vitro Fertilization or other ARTs
- Birth control
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B, Ella, the Morning After Pill)
- Treating a miscarriage
- Treating an ectopic pregnancy
WHAT TO DO.
If you are considering abortion, the Fort Worth Pregnancy Center offers a no-charge, pre-abortion screening service to assess your pregnancy and review your options, so you can be fully informed
- Step ONE: we will verify your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test and inform you of all your options, including abortion procedures, risks, recovery time, and relevant laws.
- Step TWO: Our medical staff provides an ultrasound to confirm a viable pregnancy, how far along you are, and to screen for the possibility of an ectopic (tubal) or chemical pregnancy
- Step THREE: consider all your options. Talk it through with your client advocate. Seek guidance from a trusted friend or family member. Your next steps should be based on knowledge, not fear, and should give you peace, not panic.
KNOW THE FACTS & BE FULLY INFORMED.
Before you pursue self-managed abortion or arrange out-of-state travel, it is important to have your pregnancy medically verified and assessed. The Fort Worth Pregnancy Center offers this service free of charge.
Get answers to your questions and information on all your options.