5 Helpful Tips to Prepare for the Coming Week
It can be so stressful when you are rushing around in the morning. Whether you’re trying to find clothes to wear, figuring out what to take for lunch or gathering up everything you will need for the day—mornings can be chaotic. Here are 5 helpful tips to prepare for the coming week.
- Update your schedule. Have all your tasks entered on your smartphone or email calendar and set reminder notifications within a reasonable time to prepare, but not too far out that you will forget. Wall calendars or dry erase boards are great if there are others in the home that need to be included in a particular event or tasks too.
- Do all the laundry before the week starts. Having all the laundry completed (to include the dreaded putting away) helps tremendously when you are figuring out what to wear. You can see what you have and know that it is clean.
- Line up the outfits. With all the laundry clean and put away, you can try on and set out the clothes you plan on wearing (weather forecast appropriate) for the week. This way, you are not spending an hour in the mornings looking for, trying on and taking off clothes.
- Prepare meals in advance. Grocery shop over the weekend and you will have everything you need for the week’s meals. Depending on what you plan for lunches, at the least, you can prepare lunch for the next day. For dinner, plan on a crockpot or freezer meal for those busier days.
- Start the week refreshed. Don’t try to cram too much into a weekend. I know there can be a lot to get done and not a lot of time to do it, but try to relax some. Maybe the latter half of Sunday can be your pampering time? At the least, make sure that from 7pm on Sunday evening is reserved for winding-down.
There is so much more I could add to this, but we will leave it for another time. I know things happen and nothing is completely expected; but sticking to these tips should lead to less anxiety for your week.
Destress and remember, preparation is important to minimizing stress. Good Luck!