A lot has changed recently in regard to abortion laws and access. We are here to help you sort out your options and next steps.
As of August 25, 2022, the Texas Trigger Law (Chapter 170A, Texas Health & Safety Code) banned abortion in Texas (1). This law makes it a crime to provide an abortion in Texas, except in case of a medical emergency (life & major bodily function).
It is important to note that the law applies to those providing abortion and not women seeking an abortion. The law also does not stop women from traveling outside of Texas for an abortion.
The law also DOES NOT BAN:
- Birth control
- Emergency contraception (Plan B, Ella, the morning after pill)
- Treating a miscarriage
- Treating an ectopic pregnancy
What does that mean for you?
Texas women wanting to end a pregnancy are now looking at traveling to a state where abortion is legal or arranging an at-home abortion with abortion pills. This new landscape can make many women feel alone in their situation. It can also mean that important health considerations before or after an abortion are not recognized or treated by a medical professional.
Your health is important. Before you consider self-managed abortion or out-of-state travel, it is essential to have your pregnancy medically verified and assessed. The Fort Worth Pregnancy Center offers a no-charge pre-abortion evaluation to get you the answers you need.
Here is what to expect:
- We will verify your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test.
- We will inform you of all your options, including abortion procedures, risks, recovery time, and relevant laws.
- Our medical staff will provide an ultrasound to confirm a viable pregnancy, how far along you are, and to screen for the possibility of an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.
- If your pregnancy is viable – up to 20% of known pregnancies end in miscarriage (2), and most miscarriages happen in the first trimester
- If you are at risk of an ectopic pregnancy, which can be life-threatening, if not treated (3)
- What to expect with a medical abortion (the abortion pill) or a surgical abortion
Our caring staff is available to confidentially answer your questions. Your health and well-being are our priority.
Call or text 817-924-9110 to schedule your free appointment.